Friday, April 12, 2013

Galations




"I {my old self} have been crucfied with Christ so it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith {trusting in} the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God {treat it as meaningless} for if righteousness could be gained throught the law, Christ died for nothing!" Galations 2:20-21 NIV {NLT}

Confession, and it's a doozy: This morning, after I fed baby and put him back to sleep I was having my quiet time on the couch. And when Husband walked in and saw me doing my Bible study, I was secretly glad that he saw me. We're not always up togther in the morning, so I was gratified to know that he would know that I do bible study in the morning. Yikes. I know. If you want to leave now, I understand.

If you're still here, allow me assure you that I was almost instantly revived from my ugliness by this passage I "just happened" to be reading. And it occured to me, pretty profoundly, that if I'm truly living the Christian life by crucifying myself and letting Jesus fill me up and pour out, then husband shouldn't have to see me having quiet time to know that I spend time with Christ. Yeah.

How very hypocritical of me to deem the "law" of reading the Word to be more important than letting the Word be evident in the way I live. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment