Friday, September 21, 2012

Dear Boogaboo,

 
Can I just start out by saying how freaking precious you are? You should know that I honestly cannot get enough of you! And also, at your six-month appointment yesterday, when you tried to destroy the whole roll of crinkley paper and potentially choke yourself to death by attempting to shove ripped up fistfuls in your mouth, all while I tried to have a serious conversation with your doctor about poop, yeah, that was pretty hilarious. Not the potential choking part. Obviously.
 
Anyway, you won't stay asleep at night all the sudden. I mean, I'm not taking it personally or anything, but it's kind of a bummer Dude. Not only because I'm not staying asleep either, although that's pretty super unfun, but because now we're probably going to have to start sleep training. I gotta say, I didn't really see this coming. Your night sleeping skills have seemed reasonably stellar, until recently.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of a little Ferber Method. Mostly, it just occurred to me that we probably need to stop snuggling during your naps. And that sucks. When you're a bit older, you should know you will not be allowed to use the phrase "sucks" but I'm your Mom, and the fact that my snuggling period may be over sucks. Cause, it's probably confusing, to snuggle during the day then make you sleep in your crib at night. Oops.

So, you little big boy you, will you puhlease let me cuddle you when you're awake? I know you're kind of independent right now, but Mommy is a physical being, and she needs to feel your chubby check against here's every once in a while. So when your motor skills grow up a little, promise you'll hug onto my neck the way you accidentally do now, and I promise to let you play outside with dirt and stuff. I think that's fair.

In closing, I love you much, little boy. I honestly can't stand it. If you need me, I'll be the one standing over your crib secretly watching you smile in your sleep.


1 comment: