Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What it's About

I have to admit that, while I haven't been posting much lately, you can pretty much guarantee that I'm getting my daily blog fix. There are about half a dozen blogs that I follow with a vengeance, and they're almost always great, but recently I've read a few posts that have shot through the screen, directly to my heart. They have moved me, encouraged me, and inspired me to act, either spiritually or in my home life. I think people outside the blogging community can underestimate the significance of what a good, godly blogger can do. I know that I myself have struggled with my purpose as a blogger, and have even resisted posting because I'm still unsure of why I'm here.

I know what you're thinking, "Enough with the hyperactive self-awareness lady! Stop being so melodramatic and post already!" I agree. Just one more. Those ladies who have spoken truth into me made me realize what I want. Why I'm here. They didn't preach or sermonize. It wasn't anything complicated or wordy. They just spoke about their kids, were honest about their struggles, or shared a little practical advice. I want to be that for someone else. Good, God-centered blogging should be about lifting each other up, pushing each other forward, and even meeting someone where they are so that they walk away saying"Hey, I'm not he only one!" Even just sharing life with them, building community. It's all valid, and important. Do I ave scripture to back it up? Not this second. But I know that God has been speaking to me through you and I so hope He'll do the same through me. Sure, it might be as simple as a recipe or a revelation on motherhood, but those things are good and someone needs to hear them. Know what I mean?

So, I'm back. Sure, I've got an infant an enjoy, which poses some time constraints, but I'll be around. I'm so excited about being a part of a community of friends like you. Thanks for listening :)


Linking up with this lovely lady!

1 comment:

  1. I'll look forward to hearing more from you! What blogs are you favorites??

    ReplyDelete